- 2013 QS University Subject Ranking, Chemical Engineering was ranked #2 in greater China, #8 in Asia and #26 in World.
- Prof. King Lun Yeung has been awarded the highly competitive NSFC/RGC Joint Research Scheme (2013/2014) and a substantial grant to work on "Investigation of new multi-functional materials based on hierarchical porous mixed oxides and carbon aerogels for air purification and disinfection". His mainland partner is Prof. Jieshan Qiu of Dalian University of Technology
- Samantha Wing Man Kong, CBME 3rd Year Undergraduate Student, has been awarded the Sai Kung Outstanding Youth Award (Open Group) under the Outstanding Youth Commission Scheme 2013-2014. This annual program is jointly organized by the Home Affairs Bureau and the Commission on Youth.
- VISITING PROFESSOR IS ENVIRONMENT, SUSTAINABILITY AND ENERGY DIVISION AWARD 2013 WINNER Dr Rafael Luque, Visiting Professor and Distinguished Engineering Fellow of CBME, was recognized with this award for his outstanding work in the multidisciplinary areas of nanomaterials, green chemistry and energy. Dr Luque (University of Cordoba, Spain) has significant experience on biomass and waste valorisation practises to materials, fuels and chemicals over the past 10 years. He has also published more than 160 research articles, filed 3 patent applications and edited 7 books, is a member of the Editorial Advisory Board of several reputed journals, and has been awarded numerous awards and recognition to his scientific career.
- Professor Chi Ming Chan was elected as a Fellow of IUPAC (the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry) in Jan 2012. Professor Chan's elevation to Fellow is in recognition of his contributions to IUPAC and research achievements in polymer science and academic achievements.
Prof. Yuan Shuai LIU was awarded The Faculty Awards for Outstanding Performance and Achievements in Teaching at PolyU, 2010-2011. He is also the recipient of Good Teacher Award in the Department of Applied Biology & Chemical Technology in 2011.