- Professor Chi Ming Chan was elected as a Fellow of IUPAC (the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry) in Jan 2012. Professor Chan's elevation to Fellow is in recognition of his contributions to IUPAC and research achievements in polymer science and academic achievements.
- A team from CBME won the Silver Award 2013 President's Cup for its Final Year Project entitled, Endothelial Cell-Adhesive Injectable Hydrogel as Endovascular Embolizing Agent. The team consisted of HO Ka Hei, IP Yuen Man, NG Siu Man, SHING Ping Hei and VILLAROMAN Andrea, and was supervised by Professor Ying CHAU. The President's Cup is an annual event at HKUST for undergraduate graduates to compete based on outstanding achievements in research and innovation.
- A team from CBME won the 2013 President's Cup for its Final Year Project entitled, Micro-Mini Pulsed Electric Field Technology for Point-of-use Disinfection of Tap Water. The team consisted of CHOI San Hung, CHOI Yee Man, KWOK Kwong Mun and YAU Chui Hung, and was supervised by Professor KL YEUNG. The President's Cup is an annual event at HKUST for undergraduate graduates to compete based on outstanding achievements in research and innovation.
- CBME Student Receives Sponsorship to Attend Worldwide Forum CBME student Kong Wing Man (Samantha) recently attended the 3-day G20 Youth Forum in Petersborough as a HKUST representative. Samantha was sponsored by both the GCE Committee and CBME department. Samantha said sharing and exchanging thoughts and opinions with people from all over the world, and learning about initiatives taken in other countries, was one of her most unforgettable experiences of the forum. “The conversations I had with these future leaders gave me new insights about my current research on air pollution problem in Hong Kong,” she said. “I learnt more about how other countries are dealing with this problem. I will discuss and work with my friends to see how to better address the pollution problem in Hong Kong.”
- PROFESSOR FURONG GAO REAPS AWARD FOR RESEARCH EXCELLENCE IN NATURAL SCIENCE 2012 Professor Gao and his team were honored by the Ministry of Education with this prestigious award which recognizes outstanding research projects at all tertiary institutions in China. The project, on the Theory of High-performance Batch Process Control Systems, achieved major breakthroughs in process modeling; process control; process monitoring and quality prediction; process optimization; and new quality measurement technology. More....
- A Team composed of UG students (LI Fung Chu, SUN Bowen, WONG Hon Ting, XU Lang) won First Class Prize in China design Competition on Energy Saving and Emission Reduction held this summer at XJTU.
- 2012 QS University Subject Ranking, Chemical Engineering was ranked #1 in greater China, #4 in Asia and #20 in World.
Joint Seminar by Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Bioengineering Program & Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute on 5 July at 10:30 by Prof. Mattheos Koffas. Title: Tuning Native Metabolic Pathways for the Efficient Production of Chemicals.
Prof. Yuan Shuai LIU was awarded The Faculty Awards for Outstanding Performance and Achievements in Teaching at PolyU, 2010-2011. He is also the recipient of Good Teacher Award in the Department of Applied Biology & Chemical Technology in 2011.